The only thing I can sort of suggest is to check the Event log (if you're
running WinXP).

Start menu, Programs, Administrative tools, Event Viewer.

Then in the treeview on the left, you can check out either the Application
events, or the System events, and you could even try clearing their history
first, then reboot the machine, and see if there are many error/warning
events in there.

To clear them, just cursor down to the one you want to check out, use the
right-click/application menu key to bring up the context menu, and arrow
down to the clear option.

Then reboot the machine, open the event viewer again, arrow down to the one
you want to check out, tab over to the actual list, move up and down and you
should hear basic info for each item like the date/time, type etc., and if
you want more info, hit enter on it, and a dialogue will pop up where you
can tab around to get more detailed information.

This may not give you any useful information, but I reckon it's worth a try.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA