  From: Dan Rossi
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 9:57 AM
  Subject: RE: [BlindHandyMan] talking thermometer or other solution.

  How about the Oregon Scientific Talking Wireless BBQ thermometer. That
  sounds like it would fit the bill. Again, it only goes up to 572 degrees,
  but has a separate wireless probe from the talking unit. Here is a
  description.

  Well let you know when your BBQ is ready from a football field away!
  No need to wait by the grill to find out when
  dinner is readythis wireless thermometer
  verbally alerts you when the meat has reached the
  perfect temperature. Program your choice of eight
  entres, choose the doneness desired and youre good to grill.
  Digital LCD screen with remote wireless probe to
  identify temperature/readiness of meatSpeaks in
  five languages with corresponding display
  (English, Spanish, German, French, Danish)Sensor
  has temperature range from 32F to
  572FProgrammable entre programs include beef,
  lamb, veal, hamburger, pork, turkey, chicken, and
  fishFour doneness selections include rare, medium
  rare, medium, and well doneFour verbal and audio
  alert options let you know the status of your
  mealalmost ready, ready, overcooked, and
  out-of-rangeAudio alarm sounds when selected
  temperature is reachedMain unit will receive the
  probe signal from up to 330 feet awayStainless
  steel probe detaches from sensor for easy cleaningLow battery indicator

  --
  Blue skies.
  Dan Rossi