Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 12:12:43 -0600
From: "Roy T. Collins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: interesting car rentals in france?

I don't know of any alternative rental agencies.  Everything is owned by
the state in France anyway, right :)  From my expirences the upgrade
path puts you into a Focus or some chrysler model.  But since you are
going to be in France see if you can upgrade to a Peugeot.  I know they
offer them as a top end rental but I don't know any prices.  The 206 is
supposed to be fun to drive so see if you can get one of those,
convertible of course.  Plus, if you are going to be in Brittany in
August check out the Celtic music festival
http://www.festival-interceltique.com/  its good stuff.  One more
suggestion to try is see if you can rent one of the new Smart roadsters.
They just look like they would be fun to drive since they are so small.
Plus they look cool but they don't seem to be the touring package you
are looking for ;)