Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 15:05:16 -0400
From: "Stan Jackson Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: FS:  2001 330ci Performance Package

Yes, my mistake.  It is a manual.

Stan

----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, October 03, 2004 2:20 PM
Subject: [bmwuucdigest] digest(11 messages)

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 17:01:09 -0400
From: "KMS - Brett Anderson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "UUC Digest" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Potential Power steering issue

www.ford.com

Brett Anderson
KMS

---

Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 18:03:57 -0400
From: "Bailey Taylor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Experience with Kumho tires

I have 225/50WR16 Ecsta Supra 712s on the Club Sport. Yes, they do tend
to flat spot after a few days of inactivity and they have gotten a bit
louder with age. That said, the 712s tread life has proven to be roughly
equivalent to the Pirelli P6000s and Dunlop D40M2s that preceeded them.
They work fine for street and light track use. They aren't brilliant in
any performance category but what do you expect for $70 per tire. When I
replace them next year I will certainly consider the Ecsta MX-unless
Tire Rack continues to offer the Pirelli PZero Rosso Asimmetrico for
just $3.00 more per tire. OTOH, the 528iA primarily serves as my wife's
commuter sled but I still wanted a tire that performed better than the
OEM 225/60HR15 Michelin Energy MXV4s. I decided to try the Kumho KH11 in
the 225/60VR15 size. From a price/value perspective the Kumhos win going
away-they cost $69 LESS per tire. I should note that the KH11s are a
true summer tire; they have no all-season capability. This isn't a
problem for me since I always fit a set of Michelin Arctic Alpines for
the period from December to March. So far the Kumhos have proven to be
comfortable, quiet, and much, much, stickier than the all-season
Michelins. As for tread life, if they last half as long as the Michelins
I'll still come out ahead...

Bailey Taylor
1995 318ti Club Sport
1997 528iA
1999 Wrangler Sahara Light Campaign Assault Vehicle
Scooter yet to be decided-Lookin' at a Tiger 900 this week...