Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 19:23:23 -0500
From: "KMS- Brett Anderson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "UUC Digest" <bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com>
Subject: Re: Air bag steering wheels

It's illegal for a shop to tamper with emissions or safety systems,
regardless of owner's request, with the exception of with written permission
from the NHTSA in air bag situations.

It is illegal for an owner to tamper with emissions systems, but they are
free to do as they please with air bag systems, to the best of my knowledge.
With that said, you can do a search on the UUC archives and find 40
different threads (which don't need to be repeated this time) about the
possible legal consequences following an accident if you or a passenger are
injured and the safety systems were disabled.

Brett Anderson
KMS

------------------------------

I have a 200 528i w/Sport Pkg and lately(today) when I am at a stand still,
the car overheats, it doesn't happen when I am driving???Any help?

Regards,

Frank

It's illegal for a shop to tamper with emissions or safety systems,
regardless of owner's request, with the exception of with written permission
from the NHTSA in air bag situations.

It is illegal for an owner to tamper with emissions systems, but they are
free to do as they please with air bag systems, to the best of my knowledge.
With that said, you can do a search on the UUC archives and find 40
different threads (which don't need to be repeated this time) about the
possible legal consequences following an accident if you or a passenger are
injured and the safety systems were disabled.

Brett Anderson
KMS

Search the ARCHIVES:http://www.mail-archive.com/bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com

In memory of Michel Potheau - friend, enthusiast, founder of the BMW CCA.

UUC Motorwerks - BMW Performance Fine-tuning and home of the Ultimate
Short Shifter - accept no substitutes!
908-874-9092 . http://www.uucmotorwerks.com

   "'KMS- Brett Anderson'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
   "UUC Digest" <bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com>

Check the engine bay fan, or it may be waterpump related