Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 19:19:28 -0700
From: "Scott & Charlotte Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "UUC Digest" <bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com>
Subject: Heat Cycling Toyo RA-1s

OK, I recall our past discussion about the proper way to heat-cycle
new Toyo RA-1s.  The procedure was described as:

1.  Drive moderately aggressively for 100 miles.
2.  Remove the tires or get them off the ground.
3.  Allow to cool/set for 24 hours.

Here's my question:  How important is the 24 hours part?  What if one
only had 18 hours available?   Or only 12 hours?  How do the tires
know how long they've been sitting?

Scott Miller
GGC BMW CCA
Probably with insufficient time for a complete cool-down for proper
heat-cycling of new tires

I talked to the Toyo rep (Dave Taylor, frequently seen at Southern Cal
Drivings Schools) at O'fest last year and asked him that question. He
told me that the RA1s don't need to be heat cycled.

Jim