  <E36> Vanos Filter
  Re: <E36> Vanos Filter
  E39 Shortshifter Installation Issue
  Re: E39 Shortshifter Installation Issue

Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 16:44:23 -0800
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com
Subject: <E36> Vanos Filter

Does the US E36 M and non-M have the Vanos filter? I can find it on realOEM
as part #11361401973 but it only seems to apply to the S50 motor.
If the US cars have it can it just be removed and cleaned and then
replaced?

I've read where, if clogged, it can contribute to early Vanos failure.

Happy New Year ya lugs,

-Kevin

 This  e-mail  communication is confidential and is intended only
 for  the individual(s) or entity named above and others who have
 been  specifically  authorized to receive it. If you are not the
 intended  recipient,  please  do not read, copy, use or disclose
 the  contents of this communication to others. Please notify the
 sender  that  you have received this e-mail in error by replying
 to  the e-mail.  Please then delete the e-mail and any copies of
 it. Thank you.

A Vanos filter?  I recently had my US S50 motor completely torn down and
there is no such thing that I remember seeing.  It does show up in the ETK
on the Euro motor as the p/n you list, but not on the US motor.

Marco

[...]

Search the ARCHIVES:http://www.mail-archive.com/bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com

In memory of Michel Potheau - friend, enthusiast, founder of the BMW CCA.

UUC Motorwerks - BMW Performance Fine-tuning and home of the Ultimate
Short Shifter - accept no substitutes!
908-874-9092 . http://www.uucmotorwerks.com