Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 10:41:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Jim Bassett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com
Subject: Re: <E36> Headlight renewal

On Mon, April 17, 2006 10:26 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> Is there a way to replace the polycarbonate headlight cover on the US
> E36's
> with the euro glass cover?

Not that I'm aware of, no.

> If so, where is a source for just the glass?
> There was an ad that used to apear in the Roudel for glass replacement
> lenses but I think it was only for E32/E38's.

The glass is available separately, but it'll only fit on existing Euro
assemblies. I recently replaced the glass lenses on the M3's Euro lights

> I know the euro lights can be retrofitted to the US cars, but has anyone
> had any success doing this with a Dinan CAI? I've heard conflicting
> information on this. (Thus the need for questions above).

IIRC, there was an issue with fitment years ago, yes. Dunno if anything
has changes, intake-design-wise, since then.

Cheers,
Jim Bassett
1998 M3/4 - Euro headlights & JimC intake
1993 325is #44 JP