Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 13:36:16 -0500
From: John Grills <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: UUC Digest <bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com>
Subject: e36 e46 spare tire question

Does anyone know if an e46 M3 spare donut tire will work on an e36
M3? I would assume it would, but my concern is rolling diameter....

cheers,
John Grills
NCC-BMWCCA

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 11:36:37 -0800
From: Kazuto Okayasu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: UUC Digest <bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com>
Subject: Re: e36 e46 spare tire question

At 10:36 AM 11/21/2006, John Grills wrote:

Well, E46M3s don't come with any sort of spare tire, so I assume this
is a conventional E46 donut.  They come in 16" (I forget the size;
there's one in the trunk of my M6) and 17" (125/80/17).  I believe
E36M3 stock run a slightly smaller rolling diameter than E46s
(235/40/17 vs 225/45/17).  This would probably only be an issue if
you ran it for a period of time on the rear, because of the LSD.

Also, the 16" donut may not fit the M3 due to brake size.

>Does anyone know if an e46 M3 spare donut tire will work on an e36
>M3? I would assume it would, but my concern is rolling diameter....
>
>cheers,
>John Grills
>NCC-BMWCCA
>Search the ARCHIVES:http://www.mail-archive.com/bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com

>In memory of Michel Potheau - friend, enthusiast, founder of the BMW CCA.
>
>UUC Motorwerks - BMW Performance Fine-tuning and home of the Ultimate
>Short Shifter - accept no substitutes!
>908-874-9092 . http://www.uucmotorwerks.com

Kazuto Okayasu  Manager, Desktop Support Services
Administrative Computing Services, University of California, Irvine
[EMAIL PROTECTED]