  Re: [E36] Radio Options?
  E36 //M3 cylinder head

Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 14:11:36 -0800
From: "Curtis Ingraham" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com
Subject: Re: [E36] Radio Options?

Stephan Goldstein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> A coworker just picked up a 1993 325is from which the PO had
> removed the radio.  He was asking me about radio options, an
> area where I must confess ignorance.  He's like to be able to
> play CDs too, either singly in the dash unit or by a changer.
> Herewith a few questions...
>
> 1. Are the in-dash connectors for all E36 models/years the same?
>     This might widen the choices.
>
> 2. Does MY1993 come prewired for a trunk-mounted changer?

Yes.

> 3. Are there any BMW radios/changers in particular to crave?

Changer = iPod.

> 4. Are there any BMW radios/changers in particular to avoid?

Any changer but iPod.

Curt Ingraham
Oakland, CA
1972 2002tii, 1976 2002

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 18:25:56 -0800
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: "[uucdigest]" <bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com>,
        bmw digest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: E36 //M3 cylinder head

<WTB> or leads/ referrals for an E36 //M3 head:

'Jack's had a mystery coolant leak for the past few months.  Without
pulling the head there's no way to determine if the engine's current
head is cracked or will be repairable, so rather than just replacing the
head gasket  I would like to buy a known good head or get one built up
fresh.

First choice is a known good and tested core, or fresh rebuild from a
reputable performance shop.
For a good running used head, needs to have later style concentric
grooves on the valve faces, and be documented and guaranteed.

What have some of you paid for heads in various conditions and for
Street Prepared or IT level of rebuilding, etc, and done by whom?

Are there factory rebuilds?  The ETK doesn't show complete units.

tia,
Barry