Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 13:05:57 -0700
From: Kazuto Okayasu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com
Subject: Re: Redline fluids

At 11:46 AM 4/9/2007, Andre Yew wrote:

Hmm, reading these comments, I wonder if I should try RP.  I've heard
a lot of bad things about RP motor oil (premature viscosity
breakdown??) so I thought I'd stick to RedLine.

I have a problem in my E46 where ever since I drained the factory
fill (@48k), 1st is sometimes impossible to engage from a complete
stop unless I grab another gear first.  If there's any hint of
vehicle movement, though, it drops right in.  And it did this pretty
badly with OE MTF-LT2 ($$$$!!), and a little less so when a few
months later I swapped it for D4ATF.

So which RP product do you folks use in a newer box? Synchromax?  MaxATF?

>On Mon, 9 Apr 2007, David Thomas wrote:
> > The best fluid I have used in my 95 M3 is Royal Purple SyncroMax. I have a
> > lazy 2nd gear syncro...the RP really helps out. It was a noticeable
> > improvement over the Redline D4 I had been using.
>
>I have an E46 328Ci, and also like Royal Purple better than Redline.
>Redline felt crunchy after a couple thousand miles.  Not sure if Rob has
>RP, but I got mine from Summit Racing.
>
>--Andre
>
>Search the ARCHIVES:http://www.mail-archive.com/bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com

>In memory of Michel Potheau - friend, enthusiast, founder of the BMW CCA.
>
>UUC Motorwerks - BMW Performance Fine-tuning and home of the Ultimate
>Short Shifter - accept no substitutes!
>908-874-9092 . http://www.uucmotorwerks.com

Kazuto Okayasu  Manager, Desktop Support Services
Administrative Computing Services, University of California, Irvine
[EMAIL PROTECTED]