  X3

Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 11:35:56 -0800 (PST)
From: "Jim Bassett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com

On Wed, February 28, 2007 10:26 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> Has anyone else received the subscription come on for Racer magazine? It
> really infuriates me that they make the form look like an invoice down to
> the second, underlying copy being a slight yellow to make it look like a
> contact carbon.

"Racer" isn't the only one guilty of this.

> The intent is that you think it's a bill and just pay it.

Well, duuh :-) Just like sp*m, they hope to land a few of the
less-intelligent, more-gullible members of our society.

> Anyone have a phone number for these a-holes? I thought this kind of fraud
> had disappeared a few years ago.

It's not fraud, it's deception. There is a difference :-) Falling for it
isn't the fault of the sender :-)

My 2 cents,
Jim Bassett - knows which subscriptions he has, all others go in the shredder