On 13 September 2011 13:32, Charles-H. Schulz <
charles.sch...@documentfoundation.org> wrote:

> > > The general notion you're saying, IMHO, comes from people who are not
> > > directly involved in Base's issue itself. How many of those people who
> > are
> > > saying "no" to the creation of the new list will be directly working on
> > > Base?

> > > Maybe you should invite people who are willing to contribute on Base to
> > > jump
> > > in this discussion, wherever it should happen.
> > >

> > Why would a Base list not help? It would at least provide a potential
> > focus?
> > So providing a Base list seems like a concrete proposal :-)
> >

> Concrete proposals are:
>
> - a bugfix
> - a patch for a new feature (might be matching one or more easy hacks)
> - bug reports
> - UX testing
> - marketing collaterals
> - Design Requests For Enhancements studies
> - documentation writing
> - localization work
>
> The rest is not a concrete proposal. A concrete proposal of a new mailing
> list is nothing. It's an invitation to talk, and talk is *very cheap*.

Charles I have now had 2 responses from you in the last few minutes which
have a tone that seems at best pretty negative. I'm not sure why you are
upset with me. I certainly know talk is cheap, but then courtesy doesn't
cost anything either.

Don't worry, I will go to places where things are a little more cordial.
--
Ian

www.theINGOTs.org +44 (0)1827 305940

Wales.