Hi Gustavo, hi all,

Am 30.08.22 um 05:27 schrieb Gustavo Buzzatti Pacheco:
Hello Andreas, members, community!

 Sorry for my delay. Last week we had, here in Brazil, the second
edition of the Latin American Conference. Happy to say that we had an
amazing event!
 In the next few days we will share more information: numbers, photos,
results...

 Answers below. Thanks for the questions.

    - What are the criteria to measure the value of a contribution?

 This is always an important topic.

 I believe we are an open and inclusive project and TDF is the formal
reflection of that. I also believe that a "contribution" is an
individual way to our very well written "Goals of the Foundation" (§2
of the statutes). So, in a big picture, I see value in a contribution
when I see the engagement of a member to contribute to reach some of
these objectives. Basically, what we can read in §10/a of the statutes.

To guide the MC decisions, we also have in §10/b a non-exhaustive list
of types of contributions and, more important, I think: the
alternative to confirm the contributions with other members.

    - Which are the criteria for a non trivial or obviously insignificant
    contribution?

For me, in a non trivial contribution we can see the intention to
reach our goals in §2. For example, "My contribution is translating
LibreOffice to my language and its available in weblate, my user is
xyz" or "I have worked to present LibreOffice as the best alternative
for my local government during the last months and members X and Z can
confirm''. On the other hand, in an insignificant contribution, you
can't see clearly our goals as, for example, in "I want to be a member
because I use Calc to handle my personal accounting"...

For sure that is a gray area between both cases. Again, the reference
of other members is a key to confirm or not the membership and, also,
the approach of the MC to clarify the doubts about the application.

    - Would your rating differ from areas of contribution?

No, my decisions are made more from a wide perspective, as I said in
the previous questions, than from areas of contribution.

But let me point this question in another perspective. What I differ
is *my* expertise in different areas to decide about a membership.

In other words: it's almost impossible to know what happens in all
areas of our project and our organization. All areas are important
but, for some of them, a MC member couldn't have the right skills to
check if the contribution is valid or not. That's the importance of a
plural MC. Sharing responsibilities inside the MC is important to
identify from technical contributions (translation, development,
infra...) to non-technical contributions (with language barriers,
cultural differences, complex politics cenarios,...)

thanks for your detailed answer to my questions!

Regards,
Andreas

--
## Free Software Advocate