Hello Andreas, all,

Thank you for your questions.

- What are the criteria to measure the value of a contribution?

- Which are the criteria for a non trivial or obviously insignificant
contribution?

- Would your rating differ from areas of contribution?

I will write my understanding including this premise. I'd appreciate it if you could point me out if I'm wrong.

We chose adopted a bottom-up approach contributors supporting and meritocracy, in the governance model of The Document Foundation.

The reason why MC check contributions in membership applications is to make TDF's governance system work. Contribution activities are required to become a member, so it necessary to check it.

While § 10 is obviously referenced, we often refer to previously discussed cases. This is not a standard, but it can be helpful.

As far as I can see, MC seems to be trying to maintain fairness by having MC members with various positions and contributions come together and discuss. That approach isn't perfect, but it seems to work reasonably well. Of course, it's for fairness, doesn't improve transparency.

For fairness and transparency in membership applications, a little more detail criteria might work. However, there are many different patterns of contributions, and it is not easy to create criteria that work well.

Still, there may be a way to create MC documents with criteria that are a little more detailed than § 10.

Best regards,
Shinji