Hi,

Am 02.09.22 um 18:47 schrieb Andras Timar:
Hi,

On Fri, Sep 2, 2022 at 5:38 PM Andreas Mantke <ma...@gmx.de> wrote:

    Hi all,

    Am 01.09.22 um 23:16 schrieb Paolo Vecchi:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > On 01/09/2022 22:47, Michael Meeks wrote:
    >> I would expect the ESC should intervene and cut out the
    >> politics.
    >
    > I believe that politics have nothing to do with what happened.
    >
    > Your grep shows that there aren't that many "lool" that could be
    > renamed "cool" by mistake so I guess it's unlikely for it to happen
    > again.
    >
    > I've noticed the very positive and prompt review of this incident by
    > Thorsten so it's nice to see that solutions that work for all can be
    > found quickly when the will is there ;-)

    I try a bit to give an overview on the latest changes of the file in
    discussion:

    The naming in the source code contains 'lool' in it until it was
    changed
    five month ago to 'cool'. Thus the original naming was:

    window.webkit.messageHandlers.lool !== undefined)
    window.webkit.messageHandlers.lool.postMessage('EXITSLIDESHOW', '*');

    The change from 'lool' to 'cool' created a break for at least two
    known
    downstream consumer projects.

Just for the record, the incriminated code is used solely by the iOS
app (Collabora Office). Are there other iOS apps that broke because of
the lool->cool change? As far as I'm concerned there aren't any. It's
good that we discussed the issue at length, and will have a vendor
neutral message handler name finally. ;)

I'd appreciate if you read my message completely. And I'd be curious if
there is common opinion among you and your colleagues. Currently I'm a
bit puzzled.

Regards,
Andreas

--