Hi all,

FYI: The mail below contains parts of confidential communication. Of course selective, causing an unfair unbalanced picture of reality. I make a strong call for an end to this show. Please let's move this to a board meeting. Failing, to protect TDF, we'll consider moderating this list again..?

At this stage, a significant board majority considers it very wise that TDF will not pay people to compete with contributing ecosystem parties. And there is no need for it: TDF's goals provide an huge amount of opportunities in multiple directions that are far from realized and all need time and attention. It's a sane thing, that obviously may evolve, as everything changes over time. But trying to put such a policy in a proposal, easily leads to legal, communication and personal struggles - as we've seen. So the proposal up now is simple and positive: a strong need; a whole load of clear tasks; hiring makes sense; and lets execute. As with all hiring proposals we had so far, legal advice seems simply unnecessary?

Cheers,
Cor