Von: Thorsten Behrens <t...@libreoffice.org>
Gesendet: Montag, 2. Januar 2023 13:26
An: Marina Latini <marina.lat...@libreoffice.org>
Cc: TDF Board Discussion <board-discuss@documentfoundation.org>
Betreff: Re: [board-discuss] WollMux adoption proposal for The Document
Foundation

Hi Marina, all,

Marina Latini wrote:
> No no, it makes sense to keep WollMux under the LibreOffice org, I
> agree. If you are fine with the current status, can we start to work on
WollMux?

I'd love to! :)

(Gabor is getting the last few handbook pages' existing German  translation
put up on the wiki; and I'll see to get at least a basic  CI job setup going
by early next week - but none of that should block  others from starting the
work)

> But, apart from WollMux... I think we could take this opportunity also
> for a clean-up of repos in https://github.com/tdf. ;) You mentioned
> the DLP libraries, but libcmis is hosted under the TDF organisation,
> and, if I'm not mistaken, the libraries from the DLP aren't
> LibreOffice only but can be reused also elsewhere.

Yep, that's true - Calligra, Inkscape and Scribus use at least some of them.

> Under the TDF organisation there are also other repos that should
> probably be archived (but we are going semi off-topic now). ;)

Also true, e.g. when looking at website stuff. BTW, 'archiving' on github is
something conceptually very close to our atticization - we should evaluate
setting the archive flag within that framework IMO.

> We could also mention that we have the other LibreOffice organisation
> and cross link from tdf to LibreOffice too.

Given that the main readme was misleading you, that's certainly useful.

> But...for this clean-up, where we can continue this discussion? this
> list doesn't look like the right place to me. :)

Doesn't feel terribly off-topic here (dev list would also not be a 100%
on-topic match, neither website or marketing? - but for very generic
discussions, there's always the global discuss list of course).

Something else - does anybody see the need for a dedicated wollmux mailing
list? I didn't ask for one (and actually try to avoid silo-ed low-traffic
email lists, and nudge people onto the main dev list), but not strictly
against one either. The old wollmux project had one at joinup IIRC, but it's
dormant since a long time.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten