On 05.12.2022 08:10, Samuel Mehrbrodt wrote:
Hi,

Hi Samuel,
nice to read you :)

To clarify - my expectation is, once the project would be at TDF's,
that future PRs would be done in English (as the most inclusive way).

All current PRs against master are in English already.

There are a few German ones left which are against the 18.2 branch
which is still maintained by LHM. Over time, these should be merged or
closed. Sure, any contributor can port those PRs against master, and
then they should be filed in English of course.

Thanks for the clarification :)
And, just to spell it out, I have nothing against German, it's just that having PRs and issues in English could increase that chance to involve more contributors. But for sure, I don't want to add extra work for the maintainers just for having things translated from German to English ;)

But yeah, my preference would be switching also the existing ones to
English (Samuel or Björn, what's your take here?).
Yes, these should be converted to master (after checking they are still valid).

yes, some help in closing invalid issues will be extremely valuable.

I think it does make sense to either use the Cloud version of
SonarQube (as we do with Coverity), or host it ourselves (up to Infra
team to decide). Might add value to other TDF java projects as well
(Java parts of LibreOffice, LOEclipse, etc).

yep, from my experience, sonarcloud seems to be good too.

P.S: @Thorsten, I saw that some of the feedback we shared in this discussion are now listed as new GitHub issues. Thanks for that. :)

Happy hacking and have a lot of fun,
Marina

--