To report a botnet PRIVATELY please email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
----------
The new instance of the "Storm" worm launched on Christmas Eve is already
having a major impact (see http://www.spamhaus.org/news.lasso?article=624)

Whoever planned this worm attack was clever - he ran all his malware
domains (which the victims click on to download their "greetings cards"
- aka trojans) on fast-flux (botnet) hosting, relying on the Russian
ccTLD (nic.ru) to do the updates.  Unfortunately for all of us, nic.ru
is closed for Christmas and New Year - not returning until January 9th.

Many people have tried to contact nic.ru, both by telephone (during their
advertised opening times) and by email but nic.ru do not reply.  Ten more
days of infection - at the very least - will get that guy one huge botnet
and I know I don't need to mention what that sort of power could do.

If anyone DOES know of an emergency process to contact nic.ru, could
they either use it, post it here, and/or mail me directly with it?

Thanks - and seasonal greetings all round!

Best regards

--
   Richard Cox
   CIO, The Spamhaus Project