Jorpho wrote:
>Anyone else here like Orson Scott Card and the Ender books?

Read the first two books many years ago, really liked them. (At the time Ender's Game would have made my top ten list, now it would not.)   And yes the first one I read like that.  Tried reading something else by Card after that and remember just not caring for it and have totally lost interest in Card.

Last year, Pastwatch: The Redemption of Christopher Columbus, came highly recommended.  Read it,  enjoyed it, would recommend it, but cannot get excited about reading anything else by him.  And I do not know why.  Maybe it is for the reasons you mentioned.  Just cannot put a finger on it.

Jim