> Jorpho wrote:
>
> Perhaps now would be a good time to start a science fiction thread.
>
> Anyone else here like Orson Scott Card and the Ender books?
> And yet, am I alone in thinking that the characters are a little,
> well, wooden, particularly in the later books in the series?

        I read one of the Ender books.  O.K., but I'm not reading
more.  Yes, the characters are stiff and boring.  And I'm not too
taken with his whole universe of planets, each of which has a
different religion.  (What of the poor individuals who do not
want to follow whatever the religion of their planet is?  Ouch!)
But he seems to be into exploring the ideas there...
        I do follow the Alvin Maker series, although I'm starting
to wish it would eventually END.  Maybe he has no idea how to end
it.  The world is interesting, and while the many similarities to
actual history strain credulity, they do make for interesting
reading.

                                        ---David

[Sponsored by:]
The newest lyrics on the Net!