Before you go and trash this message, I would request that you read it to the
end.

Jeroen van Baardwijk has something he would like to say to this list.

I don't know what the rules are about this sort of thing, but I think that
you will agree that if there are such rules this should be the exception.

Whatever your individual differneces or opinions are, whatever has happned in
the past, recognize that this is an attmpt at resolution.

I believe Jeroen to be sincere, and I would like to add my own caution.

Please try and put whatever is in the past, in the past. You may want the
order of envents to be differnt. You may require an appology. But ask
yourself seriously what differnce these petty temporal nuances would make a
few days from now, a week from now, or even a year from now.

Jeroen has shown greate dignity in the words he has written below. Should he
not also be given the opertunity to show honesty?

And now his words:

Someone told me off-list "No one is out to get you!  Just leave them alone,
and they'll leave you alone". While I have my doubts about the first part
(nobody being out to get me) being true, I'm willing to give the second part
a try: I'll leave you alone if you leave me alone. This means that you will
cease complaining to any and all companies I do business with (ISP's, hosting
companies, etcetera) and that you will refrain from any more Jeroen-bashing
in any form (on-list, on websites, weblogs, etcetera). In return I will
disappear from old-Brin-L entirely and leave you alone. Then, in a few weeks,
once I'm confident that you're keeping your end of the bargain, I'll also
remove my er... opinion piece... about certain Brinellers from my website.

I recommend that you accept this offer -- otherwise things can and probably
will only escalate even further (no, that's not a threat, that's insight
into how conflicts can escalate) and nobody stands to gain anything from
that. Don't demand apologies; this is the best offer you'll get. Accept it,
then we can go our separate ways and get on with our lives.

The other alternative of course is to bury this and let me return, but I
doubt Nick will ever agree to that.

And no, this is not the proposal of someone who's desperately trying to
save his Internet access and on-line presence; this is the proposal of
someone who tries to end this before it escalates to a point where people
start suffering some very serious real-life consequences (no, that's not a
threat either, that's insight).

Jeroen van Baardwijk

=====