Jeroen wrote.....
> I recommend that you accept this offer -- otherwise things
> can and probably
> will only escalate even further (no, that's not a threat,
> that's insight
> into how conflicts can escalate) and nobody stands to gain
> anything from
> that. Don't demand apologies; this is the best offer you'll
> get. Accept it,
> then we can go our separate ways and get on with our lives.

I have read the replies to this email, and I am a bit disappointed at
the attitudes shown - justified or not.

This seems to be a sincere and reasonable suggestion, so my personal
reply is simply. "yes, please".

Does it really need to be any more complicated than this?  I suspect
that it was difficult for Jeroen to write that email, so give him a
break - and a little credit for being willing to call a truce and take
that first step.

Jeroen, I am sure you are reading this... Let me make a humble
suggestion: Take down the "opinion" page as a sign of good faith. If you
are not satisfied that your requests have been honored, then you always
have the option of putting it back up. Just something to think about.

Gary