--- Alberto Monteiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Jan Coffey wrote:

> > A few years ago software engeneer was begingin to
> >become as prestegious a job as doctor or lawyer.

> This is the situation here in Brazil - all three
> professions, when
> exercised honestly, have ***no*** prestige.
<snip>

<grimace>
At the risk of being a 'whiney git' like the
despicable TC, I've found it really depressing to have
worked so hard to become a professional, then had my
motives questioned, my judgement negated, my
(treatment) options narrowed, and my 'orders' altered
by some beaurocrat (?sp)...  >:/

Debbi
who enjoyed today's students, and the fresh air, very much