David wrote:
Oh.  I thought it was to change the law, just in case it was decided
that the next clause:

"nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection
 of the laws."

meant that gays had a right to marry too.

Damn, beat me by four minutes and fourty-seven seconds...

Who believes that the Constitution is MEANT to be interpreted.

Exactly.

You know, when I witness the joy that the San Fransisco initiative has brought to those that have hertofore been unable to make their love for each other official (however temporal it's legitimacy),it makes me wonder how on earth good-hearted people can be against this kind of thing.

--
Doug