--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], David Hobby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Back to my original comment.  When I said that the Constitution
> was meant to be interpreted, I mean that those who wrote it
> obviously intended it to be interpreted.  If they had really
> wanted to pin the meanings down exactly, they could have done
> so, in every multi-page amendment.  It is SUPPOSED to consist
> of reasonably short general statements.

Is it not equay reasonable to assume that they beleived they were
providing a document that pined down the meaning clearly enough for
any average person (it being a democracy and all) to understand and
interpret appropriatly?

I am asking, if it is not also a possibility that they believed they
had presented the full spirit of what they intended and did not
believe, that grandious obsfiscatio and axactness of terms was
neccisary.

If not, then why would people of such an opinion as you have
sugested, begin a declaration with "We hold these truths to be self
evident"?