Jan Coffey wrote:

> --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], David Hobby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I never said that, did I?
> > (What gave me more reason to doubt your intellectual credentials
> >  was how you argued with me about terrorism a few months back.
> >  You kept using strawmen and ad hominem attacks.  Argue like an
> >  intellectual, and don't worry about proving your credentials...)
>
> Strange, this last paragraph seems to it'self contain an ad hominem
> attack. Kettle? Black?

Huh?  Looked to me more like a criticism of his method of argument, and
advice on how to look better in the future.  Information on how David
perceives John.  Very useful if John wants to be perceived by David
differently.

I'm not seeing how David's paragraph above constitutes or contains an ad
hominem attack.

        Julia

Then again, I'm having a bad week and am short on sleep -- maybe you
could spell it out for me?