I think I see the problem now, but I still need some help with fixing it.

I also run some regular junit tests, so the coverage information for those tests has been going into the jcoverage.ser file created by the instrumenation phase, but the cactus task is trying to put its coverage information into that file as well. How do I create a second jcoverage.ser file and put my cactus coverage information into it? I think that would solve my problem.

Thanks,
David Turley

Quentin Pouplard wrote:

Hi David,

David Turley wrote:
Oh, I noticed you said that you merge all the jcoverage.ser files... I only get one jcoverage.ser file. How do you get more than one and
where  are they located?

I don't have the detail right now, I will look at it tomorrow, but the
first thing I wonder is when exactly do you include the generated
jcoverage.ser file in your war?

I take some time to realize how jcoverage works but the main idea is
that instrumenting does the following task: - instrument the code to add
code to feed jcoverage.ser file - generate an empty jcoverage.ser file
containing counter initialized to zero.

I have more than one jcoverage.ser file because I run both cactus test
and "classic" unit test, so I have the jcoverage on the tomcat side and
the one on the client side, I merge them to get a single report showing
me the global coverage for my tests.

Hope it will help,

Quentin Pouplard