Thank you very much for your help.  I think I've got it working now!

Thanks again,
David Turley

Quentin Pouplard wrote:

Hi David,

David Turley wrote:
I think I see the problem now, but I still need some help with fixing
it.

I also run some regular junit tests, so the coverage information for those tests has been going into the jcoverage.ser file created by the instrumenation phase, but the cactus task is trying to put its
coverage  information into that file as well.  How do I create a
second  jcoverage.ser file and put my cactus coverage information
into it?  I  think that would solve my problem.

That's not an issue, after instrumentation you have one jcoverage.ser
(empty), you can copy it where you need it (in the classes directory of
your war and in the folder containing your instrumented classes used to
run junit test).

After that there is a merge task (that comes with jcoverage) that you
can use to create one jcoverage.ser file.

I just add to merge them to a temporary file then copy it to the working
dir (because the report task doesn't seem to allow custom jcoverage.ser
file location).

I hope this will help.

Regards,

Quentin

ps: by the way, jcoverage.ser file just looks like a serialized hashmap,
there is no magic here!