Well, again, it's not a matter of can or can't, the thing is, there's
no why... even wanting a full featured view, with whole lots of data
of all sorts of associations and purposes, what you have to keep in
mind is, "why?" : where does it fits in your app design? and if you
ever planned it or just come with a quick answer then you can jump to
"how?".
Cake is just fine for every kind of app with any amount of data to be
pulled out and in the database.
Why bother about something that you actually not even figured out? If
you want a "profile like" interface, where the user can have access to
lots of lists and tables of lessons, events, homeworks, available
jobs, or anything else, you should ask, does it has to be loaded all
up to the bottom at once? because all-in-one-single-page web apps
don't do that, you have to rely on JS/JSON/XML/AJAX to fill some
tasks, or else you will end up in a bloody mess with a "could-be-so-
light" app turned into a fat old lady that tries to display more than
300 sources of data at once.
You have to keep in mind that dynamic apps rely in much more concepts
and methods than just in the strong framework it was built on top of,
and it's not a matter of knowing framework's features - I could point
lots of them wich you are missing (pagination, cache, alt type content
delivery...) - it's about having a well planned goal.

Must read:
http://www.littlehart.net/atthekeyboard/2007/01/02/just-build-it-damnit/

So my tip is:
Abuse of JS if you want dynamicity, and pages bundled with lots of
data, try to keep things as simple as possible, remember that a view
for a "index" action should be an "index" of data, anything extra to
show becomes a VIEW feature.