Hello!

I'm trying to load a bunch of rows into a table - on the order of
1,000 or so.  This isn't huge, but I'm having problems when I try to
do it using CakePHP.  My basic approach is to upload a .CSV file,
which i then pull apart, and use to repeatedly save() new rows into
the appropriate model.  I'm uploading & parsing the .CSV file just
fine (according to the debug output), but the process dies before
completion.

Initially, PHP timed out (it took more than 30 seconds to process),
and when I reset the max_execution (in PHP.ini) to 300 seconds, it
then ran out of memory.

My questions:

1) Are there any obvious things to look for / avoid in my code?
Adding 1K of new records seems like it ought to be fine (and was fine,
when I used an earlier version of my web app that was written in raw
PHP/MySQL)

2) How do I begin trying to solve this problem?  How does one identify
what's going wrong here, and then fix it?

3) Does anyone have any good suggestions for perf-tuning CakePHP apps?

Sorry for not doing more digging myself - the first N Google results
weren't promising, so I figured that I'd go for help now, since I'm in
a bit of a rush :(

Thanks!
--Mike