Hello birders!

As a musician who is often out late and also struggles with a sleep disorder I am not able to be an early riser very often. If I can manage to get out of the house of a morning, can you recommend some places where I might get the most birding bang for my precious morning buck?

My favorite things are beautiful songs and breathtaking plumage. I love thrushes, warblers, and mimics especially. So much do I love a pretty song that Song Sparrows are actually one of my favorite species. I know some hardcore birders probably call them "trash birds" since they are so easy to find, but I find their song very beautiful and uplifting. And the first time I laid bins on a Blackburnian I wept. Now that you know what floats my birding boat, if you have a gem of a place or places that you can recommend I would be extremely grateful for your generosity!

Thank you for your patience!

Sincerely,

Melanie