Hey Rui,

for what it's worth, I had a very similar problem. I upgraded a MacBook Pro to OSX SP6 and got extra-slow graphics and a wildly flickering PyMOL window - only on the laptop screen, though. On the external screen, PyMOL looked ok. Ray-tracing was painfully slow in either window.

When I cloned the screen instead of extending it, the flicker disappeared and didn't return when I went back to the original setup of two contiguous screens. All is good now.

While this is by no means an answer to your question or useful advice, it means at the very least that you might be able to overcome your problems by fiddling around.

Good luck.

Andreas