Human carbonic anhdyrase II can be easily crystallized from 1.3 M sodium citrate/0.1 M TrisCl pH 8.5 at 10 mg/mL protein concentration. Crystals are P21 and easily diffract to beyond 2.0 A on a home source. We cryopreserve in ML + 30% glucose. Sulfonamide ligands are easy to soak into the crystals in a few minutes during cryopreservation, and provide teaching opportunities for protein-ligand model building and refinement.

Cheers,

___________________________________
Roger Rowlett
Gordon & Dorothy Kline Professor