Dera Careina

going back to the original software question, I think you may be able to use
the Rasmot-3D Pro server

http://biodev.cea.fr/rasmot3d/

Nucleic Acids Res. 2009 Jul;37(Web Server issue):W459-64. doi:
10.1093/nar/gkp304. Epub 2009 May 5.
RASMOT-3D PRO: a 3D motif search webserver.
Debret G, Martel A, Cuniasse P.
Source
Service d'Ingénierie Moléculaire des Protéines (SIMOPRO), iBiTec-S, DSV, CEA,
CE-Saclay, 91191 Gif Sur Yvette Cedex, France.

This allows you to upload coordinates containing a a motif (in your case two
disulphide-bonded Cys residues from another protein), and the coordinates for a
protein structure you wish to examine - in this case your dimeric coordinates.
It will then search for pairs of CA-CB bonds in the protein that would be at
the right relative angles and distances to form a disulphide if those residues
were mutated to cysteines.

There are a number of different conformations for disulphide bonds depending on
the various torsion angles so you may need to choose a number of different
search structures - though obviously 2-fold symmetric ones would be a good
start.

After your mutagenesis some of the suggestions that have already been made may
allow you to oxidize them to a disulphide.

best wishes
Pete

On 28 Feb 2013, at 14:52, Roger Rowlett wrote:

> In the literature, you can find examples of air oxidation, oxidized
> glutathione (alone), mixture of reduced and oxidized glutathione, and
> hydrogen peroxide. The correct concentrations have to be found empirically.
> We are just now mushing through this with an engineered disulfide variant.
> Air oxidation partially worked for us--one of the engineered disulfides
> worked, one did not.
>
> _______________________________________
> Roger S. Rowlett
> Gordon & Dorothy Kline Professor
> Department of Chemistry
> Colgate University
> 13 Oak Drive
> Hamilton, NY 13346
>
> tel: (315)-228-7245
> ofc: (315)-228-7395
> fax: (315)-228-7935
> email: rrowl...@colgate.edu
>
> On 2/28/2013 7:55 AM, Clemens Grimm wrote:
>>> Along these lines, what reagents do people use to promote disuflide bonds,
>>> i.e., the "anti-DTT?"
>>
>> Glutathione (red) + Glutathione (ox), redox potential is adjusted by varying
>> the ratio.
>>
>> Best,
>> Clemens
>>

>>> JPK

>>> --
>>> *******************************************
>>> Jacob Pearson Keller, PhD
>>> Postdoctoral Associate
>>> HHMI Janelia Farms Research Campus
>>> email: j-kell...@northwestern.edu
>>> *******************************************

>> Dr. Clemens Grimm
>> Institut für Biochemie
>> Biozentrum der Universität Würzburg
>> Am Hubland
>> D-97074 Würzburg
>> Germany
>> e-mail: clemens.gr...@biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de
>> phone : +49 0931 31 84031

Prof Peter Artymiuk
Krebs Institute
Department of Molecular Biology & Biotechnology
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
S10 2TN
ENGLAND