Adding 1-10mM copper sulfate is often a good way to oxidize disulfide bonds,
although some proteins cannot tolerate this treatment.

Mike

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jacob Keller" <j-kell...@fsm.northwestern.edu>
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2013 3:09:18 AM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] disulfide engineering

Along these lines, what reagents do people use to promote disuflide bonds,
i.e., the "anti-DTT?"

JPK

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 2:06 AM, David Briggs < drdavidcbri...@gmail.com >
wrote:

You might want to try "Disulfide by design"

http://cptweb.cpt.wayne.edu/DbD2/

Cheers

Dave

On Feb 28, 2013 6:55 AM, "Careina Edgooms" < careinaedgo...@yahoo.com > wrote:

Dear CCP4 members

I wish to engineer a disulfide bond at the dimer interface of a protein I am
working with. Does anyone know of any available software to assist with this?

Best
Careina

Jacob Pearson Keller, PhD
Postdoctoral Associate
HHMI Janelia Farms Research Campus
email: j-kell...@northwestern.edu

Michael C. Thompson

Graduate Student

Biochemistry & Molecular Biology Division

Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry

University of California, Los Angeles

mi...@chem.ucla.edu