It is very similar with my situation: we are trying to crystallize Fab fragments. All we got is spherulites. After rMMS-seeding we got better shaped crystals with only 5 A resolution. So now I think that this caused by free cysteine near Fab-Fc knee. Oxidation of them leads to uncontrolled aggregation and I am trying to figure out how to protect free cysteine without reduction of disulphide bridges between heavy and light chains. So, here is the question: do you have free cys residues and are your protein is monodisperse (SE-chromatography or DLS)?

P.S.: I am sorry for any mistakes in my letter because Thunderbird does not provide any grammar checking tool.

20.08.2013 04:13, Mahesh Lingaraju ?????:
Hi Jürgen

you are right, I did not try any major optimization yet. I only tried to vary PEG and protein concentration. That did not really improve things too much. The protein mostly forms spherulites beyond 25% PEG. I am also thinking that these crystals are poorly diffracting/not diffracting as they might be growing from sub-microscopic spherulites ? Thanks for the insights

Mahesh