Dear Axel,
Quite so, absolutely.
Theoretical physics and theoretical chemistry sweeped the awards at the Nobels
this week.
As I remarked on that other medium yesterday (twitter):- I confess to
preferring a joint theory and experiment approach, but the Nobel Committee
didn't ie I think 'that boson' is only real because of the two experiments at
LHC, but no formal recognition for CERN. So, to paraphrase and expand your
excellent reprimand of my posting:-
I surely hope that the recent Nobel Prizes will encourage young (and young at
heart) into the fields of theory, computing and experiment across all our
sciences.
Greetings,
John

Prof John R Helliwell DSc FInstP CPhys FRSC CChem F Soc Biol.
Chair School of Chemistry, University of Manchester, Athena Swan Team.
http://www.chemistry.manchester.ac.uk/aboutus/athena/index.html