Good point. Now since you mentioned contributions of the recent Nobel laureates to crystallography Mike Levitt also had a significant contribution through the by now forgotten Jack-Levitt refinement which to the best of my knowledge was the first time that x-ray term was added to the energy minimization algorithm. I think I'm right about this. This was later adapted by Axel Brunger in Xplor and other progrmas followed.
Cheers, Boaz

-------- הודעה מקורית --------
מאת Alexander Aleshin <aales...@sanfordburnham.org>
תאריך: 10/10/2013 0:07 (GMT+02:00)
אל CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
נושא [ccp4bb] Why nobody comments about the Nobel committee decision?

Sorry for a provocative question, but I am surprised why nobody comments/congratulations laureates with regard to recently awarded Nobel prizes? However, one of laureates  in chemistry contributed to a popular method in computational crystallography.
CHARMM -> XPLOR -> CNS -> PHENIX->…

Alex Aleshin