Dear John,

     Having just seen Andreas's message regarding the best source of
support to address your enquiry, I have a further remark to make about
your instrument.

     As this is a lab instrument, the Omega axis would be vertical,
and indeed the beam stop shadow (vertical on the top module) and the
diffuse shadow of the sample holder (vertical on the bottom module)
would confirm this. This being the case, it is quite simply *daft* to
have the gap between the two modules being horizontal. That is done on
purpose on synchrotron beamlines because of the polarisation of the
beam (which is why Omega is horizontal on such beamlines), but in a
lab system the gap should be in the vertical direction. As currently
placed in your system, this gap is cutting into perfectly good data,
whereas if it were vertical instead, it would only cut out data that
are getting perilouly close to the cusp anyway.

     You should ask the manufacturer of your diffractometer to rotate
your detector by 90 degrees! Someone in the OEM world forgot about the
Lorentz factor ;-) .

     With best wishes,

          Gerard.