On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 3:17 PM, Thomas Strunz <beginn...@hotmail.de> wrote:
> IMHO it must get more granular and also I really don't like the fact that
> CDKException is a checked exception. In most of the cases it is just
> annoying and useless.

I think I disagree. You can get any Runtime exception and never know
what to expect.

Invalid input is very common here, and your software needs to recover
from that, and differently from other situations. I think a Runtime
exception should only happen when something *unexpected* happened,
like OutOfMemory or so...

> I know, endless debate and maybe you have had it several times but for me as
> user as it is now: annoying like hell. Just like pure JDBC.
>
> other frameworks that use Runtime exceptions are IMHO a lot more friendlier
> to work with.

Why do you find it annoying? And useless? Why do you find Runtime
exceptions from user friendly?

Egon

--
Dr E.L. Willighagen