Hi all,

To my opinion, if the condition of raising the exception mostly depends
on input data, the checked exception should be thrown
(MOLInvalidFormatException). In this case the caller can recover somehow.

If the situation much depends on other external factors, the non-checked
exception should be thrown (OutOfDiskSpaceException). Most likely the
caller cannot recover in this case.

Just my opinion.

--
With best regards,