On Wed, 12 Jun 2002, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> >He released his source code to the public. It doesn't have any license
> >keys, it doesn't have any timebombs (June 17).
> Again: he did not contribute a single line of own code and the key expires
> on Jan 12th 2003 - just check before posting!

ftp://ftp.fokus.gmd.de/pub/unix/cdrecord/ProDVD/README

"       As I am not sure if people will follow my licensing rules, so these
        keys are time limited and will expire on June 17th."
                                                 ^^^^^^^^^

> >> Cdrtools come with a standard build system!
> >But it doesn't write DVDs...
> Cdrecord-ProDVD does write DVDs with more different drives than the so called
> "free" one and runs on more different OS because it does not use a broken
> autoconfiguration.

But cdrecord-prodvd is not open source, so end users can't port it even if
they want to. They're completely at the mercy of the single author who
decides which platforms it gets binary-only release, and which not.

-Dan
--
[-] Omae no subete no kichi wa ore no mono da. [-]