>From: Lourens Veen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>I'm wondering, why do you support Linux at all? If it's such a badly=20
>coded and proprietary system, then why don't you just drop support=20
>for it? That should save a lot of work since you can close most=20
>bugreports with a simple "sorry, Linux is unsupported", and in the=20
>extra time that that gives you you could improve support on the=20
>OSes you do like (ie Solaris and BSD).

Unfortunately it is wiedely spread. I also support Win32....
I support true free software - not software that is e.g. limited to run on
Linux only. Any OS that is closer to the POSIX standard than M$ systems
helps to fight against M$. Unfortunately most Linux followers don't like to
admit this.

Of course, most of the people who report problems in fact do rather report
problems of the Linux kernel than problems from cdrecord.

I would have much more time for improoving my code if I woudn't get those mail.

Now I have to write many replies each day, mostly only stating that the person
should rather contact the Linux kernel hackers to get help for his/her problem.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]               (uni)  If you don't have iso-8859-1
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]           (work) chars I am J"org Schilling