I second that.

I took a 5-month certificate program for ASP.NET with C# last Spring at a
prestigious university in the DC metropolitan area. (Not naming names
here....)  The teacher is an extremely well qualified individual with over
half a dozen MS certificates, including one in ASP.NET web development.
 However, it always seemed to take him forever to write a simple
functionality, such as querying against several tables with simple joins and
then output the result in a table.

One thing I would say in ASP.NET's favor is that it forces developers to use
a multi-tier approach to their applications, while CF does not.  Now, is
that a good thing? I am not sure. If you are a disciplined developer who
adheres to best practices and OOP techniques, this seems hardly necessary.
 If you are new to programming, this enforcement does seem to foster good
habits.

The unfortunate thing is that sometimes companies decide to blame it on
ColdFusion, instead of individual developers, when they discover the tangled
web of sloppy code written in ColdFusion.  It is our responsibility, as
ColdFusion developers, to give it a good reputation.