On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 1:23 PM, Albert J. Wong (王重傑)
<ajw...@chromium.org>wrote:

> I actually got some weird warnings on the make build a while back when I
> specified the same file in two sources entries...something about circular
> dependencies and make ignore one. But don't remember the exact scenario.
>
> I betcha it isn't a problem in chrome cause it'd only trigger a bug if the
> file was compiled with different flags that modified behavior.  Since our
> defines and compiler options are so stable  (especially within one target),
> building once probably doesn't break stuff...
>
> -Albert

I found one occurrence of it when building with shared libs. protobuf and
protobuf_lite both try to compile the same file (but with the same options),
and protobuf depends on lite, which effectively makes that file depend on
itself. I'm fixing a few things around that so I'll fix that one.
But that's the only case I know where we're trying to build the same file
twice (except with the new host/target thing for cross-compiles).

Antoine