I have some sense that it might be possible to slightly improve the
playing strength with some dynamic komi scheme.   However, I have also
experimented quite a bit with various ways to do this and in each case I
have been able to detect at least a slight weakening of play.

That probably just means I have not stumbled on the right ideas or that
I was not able to properly tune it.   I would be delighted if someone
was able to show us a workable scheme.   I believe if something is found
it will result in a very minor improvement, but that it will be an
actual improvement.

When trying ideas like this I require statistically significant samples
which generally mean thousands of games if the improvement or weakening
is fairly small.

- Don