I'm a bit confused about the difference between AMAF and RAVE (if there's one).
As far as I understand, with AMAF, you sample in each playout (after it leaves
the tree) the moves played (by both players), but only the first move at any
position, then you reward all moves played either by a win or loss, depending on
their colors.

I tried comparing this to RAVE, as described in many papers. There might be
multiple definitions of RAVE, but the one that seems the most clear to me is
this one (picture used because of math stuff):

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/443/bild1pb3.png

Is it correct that with RAVE, after a playout (after the tree), only the
siblings of the last node in the tree are updated accordingly? The main
difference to AMAF would be that instead of a single array with values of
AMAFsumReward and AMAFnumPlayed, each node keeps for each of its children
separate variables that hold these values. When a playout is finished, only the
values of these children are updated instead of the single array.

I hope you're able to make any sense out of this, sometimes a text can be
confusing when the writer is confused. ;p

Cheers, ibd
--
Sensationsangebot verlängert: GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 16,37 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K1308T4569a