On Sat, Aug 23, 2003 at 04:37:53PM +0100, Brian Tyndall wrote:
> Perhaps we need  to fix an hour to do the rsync from the main mirror ?
> like 2x per day, 0h GTM and 12h GMT, ppl at mandrakesoft will update their
> public server, and from here, other mirrors ftp will get the stuff without
> these problems ?

Do you realize that this won't work?  If everyone syncs at the same time
and only twice a day it will take days for things to propogate to all
the mirrors.  Most better mirrors are probably syncing once an hour.

Further, the problem you are trying to solve is happening because you're
syncing at the same time as the mirror upstream from you.  So limiting
everyone to sync at roughly the same time would just make this worse.

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

"What upsets me is not that you lied to me, but that from now on I can
no longer believe you." -- Nietzsche